Laziness conceals a great truth. It reveals the real nature of God for He is a non-doer. Meditators who have reached the non-doing state live blissfully. Lazy people find bliss in non-doing. However, theirs is poor quality of bliss as it is a result of inertia. Real bliss is a fruit of transcending both inertia and dynamism. If you wish to adopt inertia as a way of life, then why not experiment on it? Thus even laziness can become a door.
- Stay in a given place as long as possible.
- Lie down comfortably for hours.
- Close your eyes if you wish.
- Be fully aware of your body and everything that is happening in your mind and heart.
- Avoid any movement. Be totally lazy.
- Do not analyse or judge.
- If you feel ‘tired’, get up and do some stretching, then lie down again.
- If you feel sleepy, do not resist.
- Sleep as much as you want.
- After you wake up, do some stretching, then continue to lie and go within